SCOVA Agenda of AIFPA a MOU partner of BPS
ALL INDIA FEDERATION OF PENSIONERS’ ASSOCIATIONS
Items suggested for Inclusion in the Agenda for the 26th SCOVA Meeting-January 2015
1. Irregular Denial of Family pension for widowed daughters.
(a) Family Pensioners who have become widows after the death of Both Pensioner/Family Pensioner (Wife of the Pensioner), have got their family pension terminated/not sanctioned in view of Government of India, MOP, PG & P.O.M No.1/13/09-P & PW(E) dated 11.09.2013 without due notice to the beneficiary . As the order under reference is contradictory to the Rule 54(6) (c) of CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 and therefore merit withdrawal.
Refusal of benefits Conferred under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 by an executive order is irregular. The CAT, Ernakulam Branch, vide their order OA No.180/01041/14 dated 26.05.14 had stayed the ‘said’ order dated 11.09.2013. The operation of the ‘said’ order may be kept in abeyance till it is resolved by the Judiciary. The Family Pension already sanctioned cannot be denied, without a specific Presidential Order.
2. Denial of Family Pension for the Spouse/the dependents of Post 2004 recruits and discrimination between pre and post 2004 recruits as the Family Pension is neither based on contribution nor linked to the pension Schemes.
Copy of letter addressed to the Secretary, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension dated14.06.2014 and copy of letter addressed to the Hon’ble Minister of Railways are enclosed as self explanatory supporting document with enclosures.
Compelling Beneficiaries under CGHS, to obtain opinion from the Government Hospital in respect of medicine prescribed by the specialist Medical Officer of the CGHS contradicts CGHS Charter “ Comprehensive Medicare”.
4. Extending the benefit conferred by the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, CPAO O.M.No.CPAO/Tech/Simplifiction/2013-14/252 dated -6.02.2014 to Defence, Railway and Postal/Telegraph Department of the Government of India and ordering the Suo- Moto revision of ‘Such’ PPO including the name and other details of disabled Son/parents/Siblings as other departmental officials hesitates to extend the benefit conferred by the ‘said’ order of the CPAO in their Ministries.Copy of letter addressed to the CPMO, Tamil Nadu Circle, Chennai-2 is enclosed for ready reference.
5. Treating the Pensioners’ Associations/Federations as” Welfare Institutions” instead of categorizing them as “ Common Public” and either disallowing or charging exorbitant rates for the use of ‘Government Auditorium’ on holidays, without disturbing Office Work.Copy of letter addressed to Hon’ble Minister Shri Nitin Gadkariji is enclosed for ready reference.
6. Replacement of Computer/Scanner/Printers supplied to the accredited Association/Federations of the Pensioners in the year 2008-09. The Licensed software’s such as windows 8 and MS Office latest version also be provided.Hon’ble Minister of State for PMO and Chair person SCOVA has already sympathized with this request
7. Merger of 50% of DR with Pension/Family pension with effect from 1.1.2011 and 100% of DR from 1.1.14 by revising the Index as recommended by the VI Central Pay Commission
8. C & AG and Central Civil/Railway/Defence/ P & T accounts Service-Grant of 4 Advance increments to those who have passed Departmental confirmatory examination between 01.01.1973 to 31.05.1981. The C & AG of India and Departmental Accounts Services approved
: 2 :
the revision of Pay, based on the Court orders, allowing 4 advance increment in respect of persons who are in service as well as retired Government Servant. But the stepping up of Pay based on ‘such’ Junior getting more pay has not been ordered to the Government servant retired, ‘Suo-moto’ identifying the ‘Junior’ causing such stepping up of pay. Departmental Authorities may be advised to order the stepping up pay early.
9. Provision for Pensioners’ Grievances on line in Railways, P & T, I A & AD, and BSNL etc, similar to the existing arrangement under CPAO has to be ensured.
10. Extension of Complex Medical treatment abroad to the Central Government employees and their dependent Family Members may be considered by under Rule 11 (i) of CS Medical Attendance Rules read with Ministry of H & FW Notification No.S. 14025/26/85-MS dated 10.09.1986. On par with the Officers belonging to the IAS, IFS, IPS and their dependent family Members.
11. Kindly refer to O.M No.4-12(07)/2013-PAT dated 7.1.2014, (Government of India, Ministry of Communication & IT) which had extended FMA Benefit beyond 2.5 K.M radius in respect of Postal dispensaries merged with CGHS, citing the benefits conferred by the Ministry of Railways. When it is 2.5 KMs for Postal Dispensaries merged under CGHS, why it should be 8 KM under CGHS for others to avail benefit of FMA ? End the discrimination.