What should a family member (eligible for the grant of family pension) do to get the family Pension?

Posted: 22 Feb 2017 03:51 AM PST
How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant/ pensioner/ family pensioner.
What should a family member (eligible for the grant of family pension) do to get the family Pension?
Normally, family pension to spouse is sanctioned and authorized at the time pension is authorized in favour of retiring government servant and indicated in the pension payment order and is to be drawn after the death of the pensioner. However, in cases where Govt. servant expired while in service, the widow or widower has to apply in Form 14 (of CCS Pension Rules) to the Head of Office concerned who will sanction and authorize the family pension through its Pay & Accounts Officer. Where the deceased Govt. servant is survived only by a child or children, the guardian (in case of minor child/children) or such child or children may submit a claim in Form 14 to the Head of 0ffice for sanction and authorization of family pension. For getting family pension, the deceased pensioner’s family should apply in Form no.14 along with a copy of the death certificate of the deceased Pensioner to:
(I) The pension disbursing authority if, the amount of family pension is already indicated in the Pension Payment 0rder.
(II) The Head of Office for sanction of family pension in all other cases.
lf the pensioner has Joint Account with the spouse on either or survivor basis the spouse has to submit the death certificate of the pensioner along with simple application only to activate the family pension.
Authority: www.cpao.nic.in


Popular posts from this blog

SAMPLE CALCULATIONS- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission -Calculation of Revised of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners, etc :

PCDA Circular 608 : 7th CPC Concordance Tables – Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners