Grant of Dearness Allowance to Central Government Employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2018
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 15th March, 2018
Subject: Grant Of Dearness Allowance to Central Government – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2018.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No.1/9/2017- E-II (B) dated 20th September, 2017 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 5% to 7% of the basic pay with effect from 2018.
2. The term ‘basic pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix as per CPC recommendations accepted by the Government, but does not include any other type of pay like special pay, etc.
3. The Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(21).
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
5. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary of March, 2018.
6. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
7. In so far as the employees working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are Auditor concerned, these orders are issued with the concurrence of the Comptroller General of India.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Click to view Finmin DA order Jan 2018