Issue of 2 sets of PRCP to Group ‘D’ employees retired on or after 01.01.2006 – Railway Board No. 135/2018
- Other Apps
ADVANCE CORRECTION SLIP No.79
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 24.09.2018
The General Managers (P)
All Zonal Railways &
Sub: Issue of 2 sets of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) to Group ‘D’ employees retired on or after 01.01.2006.
The demand for issuance of 2 sets of PRCPs to the staff retired as Group ‘D’ before their reclassification as Group ‘C’ was raised by staff side in the DC/JCM Meeting (Item No.18/2012) and also by AIRF in PNM Meeting (Item No.38/2016) with Board.
2. The issue has been examined in detail and in order to bring uniformity in cases of all those employees who retired on or after 01.01 .2006 i.e. whether classified as Group ‘C’ or retired as Group ‘D’, it has been decided with the approval of the Competent Authority to amend the relevant provisions of extant Pass Rules. Accordingly, PRCP entitlement stipulated under Columns 1 and 2 of Schedule-IV (Post Retirement Complimentary Passes) of the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules, 1986 (Second Edition -1993) is amended as follows:-
Category - Number of passes admissible in one year
- Group A & B With railway service Of 20 years or more - 3 Sets
- Group C & D With railway service Of 20 years or more - 2 Sets
3. Accordingly, PRCPs/Widow Passes, as per revised entitlement, shall be admissible to the employees retired/deceased on or after 01 .01.2006. However, higher number of PRCPs/Widow Passes, as per revised entitlement, will be issued from the current calendar year only. The number of sets of PRCP/Widow Passes in case of employees retired/deceased before 01.01.2006 shall continue to be the same as prevalent at that time.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Dy. Director Estt.(Welfare)-I
Source: Signed Copy