Demand of High Level Committee for 7th CPC Minimum Pay and Fitment Factor discussed: Minutes of the Standing Committee Meeting held on 07.03.2019 under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Personnel)
No.3/ 1/2018- JCA
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment (JCA) Section
North Block, New Delhi - 110 001
Dated: 8th July, 2019
Subject: Minutes of the Standing Committee Meeting held on 07.03.2019 under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Personnel) - reg.
The undersigned is directed to forward a copy of the minutes of the Standing Committee Meeting held on 7th March, 2019 in Conference Hall, North Block, New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Personnel) for information and necessary action.
Encl.: As above
(Jugal Singh )
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel: 2309 2338
1. All Members of the Standing Committee (JCM) as per list attached.
2. Secretary, Staff Side, NC (JCM), 13-C,Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi.
3. General Secretary, AIRF, 4 State Entry Road, New Delhi
4. General Secretary, NFIR, 3 Chelmsford Road, New Delhi
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF STANDING COMMITTEE HELD ON 07.03.2019 :
The meeting of the Standing Committee of the National Council (JCM) was held on 07.03.2019 at 5.00 p.m. at Room No.119, North Block, New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Personnel).
2. The Chairman welcomed the participants and stated that meeting of the Standing Committee was held after two years and informed that the agenda for the meeting includes the Action Taken Statement on 31 items deliberated upon in the earlier Meeting held on 03.05.2017 and 49 additional items received from the Staff Side.
3. Secretary, Staff Side conveyed his appreciation on the positive note in which the meeting has been conducted and also raised the issues regarding Board of Arbitration Awards and the demand to conduct an early meeting of the National Council (JCM).
4. Secretary (Personnel) opened the discussion relating to the items in the agenda and stated that all the agenda items may be deliberated upon one by one, (which are as below) :-
- Agenda Items related to CGHS discussed with Economic Advisor, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- Agenda Items related to Pension discussed with Joint Secretary (Pension), Deptt of Pension & Pensioner’s Welfare
- Agenda Items related to Railway Employees discussed with Executive Director (IR), Ministry of Railways
- Agenda Items related to Ministry of Finance discussed with Joint Secretary (Personnel)
- Agenda Items related to Ministry of Defence discussed with its representative
- Agenda Item related to DoEIT, M/o Culture, M/o Housing & Urban Affairs in discussed with their representatives
- Agenda Item related to Deptt of Personnel & Training discussed with Joint Secretary (Establishment)
5. Staff Side also raised the discussions on the Action Taken statements (ATS) on the minutes of the Standing Committee Meeting, which was held on 03/05/2017 :
- The assurance given by the Group of Ministers chaired by the Home Minister to look in to the demands of the Staff Side with regard to the minimum pay and fitment factor related to 7th CPC by constituting a high level committee. This has not been implemented and there is a total resentment amongst the Central Govt. employees. Therefore the concern of the Govt. employees is brought to the notice of the Govt.
- Govt. orders are not yet issued on the revision of Risk Allowance and Night Duty Allowance based on 7th CPC pay scales. The same may be issued at the earliest.
The Hon’ble Chairman concluding his remarks that;
- All the issues mentioned by the Staff Side have been noted and concerned Ministry/Department will take suitable action.
- Next Meeting of Standing Committee will be called soon. Cabinet Secretary will also be requested to convene 47th National Council (JCM) shortly.
- Latest instructions/circulars furnishing of copies of OM's to the office of Staff Side of JCM will be circulated regularly.