Fixation of ceiling limit for Nebulizer to be reimbursed under CGHS and CS(MA) Rules | Central Govt Employees - 7th Pay Commission - Staff News
No.Misc. 11006/2000-JD(R&H) /CGHS (FP).
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare :
(Department of Health)
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi,
Dated the 11th June, 2001
Subject — Fixation of ceiling limit for Nebulizer to be reimbursed under CGHS and CS(MA) Rules.
The undersigned is directed to say that the matter regarding fixation of ceiling limit for reimbursement of the cost of Nebulizer has been under consideration of the Government for some time past. It has now been decided to fix the ceiling with regard to the purchase of Nebulizer at Rs.3,000/- or the actual cost whichever is less.
2. Permission for use of Nebulizer/ex-post-facto approval may be given only on the advice of Senior Physician or. above or Medical specialist of equivalent rank of a Government Hospital.
3. Keeping in view the average life of a Nebulizer as 5 years, replacement may be permitted on the basis of a certificate of condemnation obtained from the treating physician/specialist as indicated above. The cost of maintenance will be borne by the beneficiary concerned. No request for provision of another Nebulizer may be entertained within 5 years from the date of initial purchase.
4. Reimbursement will be done from Service Head in case of Serving Govt. employees, serving employees and pensioners of autonomous bodies in case of autonomous bodies, and by Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha Secretariat, as the case may be, in case of MPs and from CGHS Head in case of pensioners, Ex-MPs and Freedom Fighters.
5. These orders will be applicable from the date of issue.
6. These orders will be applicable for beneficiaries covered under CS(MA) Rules, 1944 also.
7. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division vide their Dy No.3674/2001-JS (FA) dated 7.6.2001.
UNDER SECRETARY TO THE GOVT. OF INDIA